Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Prometheus (Ridley Scott, 2012)

First movie I've ever seen in 3D. So maybe I didn't get it because I was fooling around too much with those glasses. Or did I start fooling around with glasses because I didn't get this boring and over complicated high-tech crap? Or was I too puzzled about why I actually payed 20 euros (fuck you London, never again!!!) for it.

Anyways, we all know everything about it so I don't need to go into details.

Only word or two about this stupid marketing trick about Prometheus not being prequel to Alien. Which is of course kind of true since it is total rip-off of the original one (if Giger is not receiving big $$$ checks for it, he can sue Scott big time).

And I don't really mind being a rip-off except it is very bad one that completely missed the target. Instead of dirty old ship we get high tech space-craft with all that CGI crap and instead of claustrophobic horror we get mediocre action shot in widest angles possible. And instead of superb cast from the original Alien, we need to suffer and watch for two hours ensemble of bad actors or mediocre ones casted in wrong roles.

Truly forgettable, but not really surprising in this day and age of Hollywood. I'm just angry with myself to pay so much money for it.

3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment