Friday, June 22, 2012

Mes nuits sont plus belles que vos jours aka My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your Days (Andrzej Zulawski, 1989)


I love bizarre, insane, wild and crazy movies of Zulawski, especially ones with Sophie Marceau (not really counting Fidelite which is crap and La Note Bleu for which I cannot find subtitles). So I watch this one or L'amour Braque every now and then when I’m in the “right” frame of mind.

It’s kind of boy-meets-girl romantic story with our main two protagonists both rather strange and outside this world. He has invented some new computer language and has undefined mental terminal illness and she is a star of travelling show because she can read minds of other people. So, fucked up as they both are, they were of course made for each other.

And there is lot of screaming and overall madness and other wonderfully bizarre characters (her mother, hotel receptionist!!) and – to be honest – seeing Sophie nude doesn’t hurt your eyes neither. Lots of happening going on in this one and as in true French arty style, content is not as important as a style. So you either love it or hate it. 

I simply love though I’m not sure I understood everything.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment