Friday, June 22, 2012

New Kids Turbo (Steffen Haars, Flip Van der Kuil, 2010)


I was warned about this from a friend who watches nothing but crazy movies but it still caught me off guard. And it’s great, one of the nicest surprises of the recent times. Although right from the beginning you keep asking yourself “Why I’m watching this nonsense?!?” you just cannot stop it. Hell, I didn’t even pause to go piss.

It’s about some white thrash very 80s like guys who get fired due to economic crises and then decide to “not to pay for anything” since they don’t have no money. By doing so they become a threat (don’t ask!) to authority so government decide to bomb them and shitty town they are from (I told you already not to ask!) but at the end they manage to save the day. And get laid!

And to all you snobs that are looking for metaphors and deeper meanings in the shitty movies: no, I’m 100% sure this is not about condemnation of the capitalist system or consumer society or current economic crisis! It’s just a good fun and highly original if you ask me.

And there’s a second part out already. It’s of course definitely on my to-do list!!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment