Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finis Hominis aka The End of Man (José Mojica Marins, 1971)

Marins in this one introduces character that is totally opposite of his famous Zé do Caixão aka Coffin Joe. Because here he's messiah kind of guy wondering around performing miracles and fixes broken relationships etc. Sure, there's still his wonderfully philosophical blabbering but it's not as dark as we were used to.

Because I have a thing against hippies my favorite scene is one when he visits their commune of love and free spirit. He soon reveals how shallow they are by throwing money at them and they soon of course forget everything about their ideals and start greedily fighting each other for the money.

Style of movie is similar to European art movies of 70s, especially Marco Ferreri came to my mind.

Not bad, but not really my cup of tea. Definitely not what I was expecting to see .

4/10


No comments:

Post a Comment