Saturday, October 6, 2012

TAD - Busted Circuits And Ringing Ears (Adam Pease, Ryan Short, 2008)

Had no idea this even existed until it was posted on one of my favorite music blogs shiny grey monotone and didn't hesitate one second to check it out. How could I not with the uber cool title like that!?!?

Must admit I was never die hard fan of TAD. Was addicted to Salt Lick EP (I'd probably wore down that tape on my car radio) and 8 Way Santa (I'm a Jinx yeaaaah!!!!!!!!!! Good ole' days!) but somehow didn't exactly follow the band or travel abroad to see them live. Mudhoney were (and still are) my favorite poison from Seattle.

So it was really fun to watch a documentary about the band I used to be kind of a fan but didn't really know much about it. To remind you all - these were internet-less times! And it was cool but also sad to hear the same old story about talented guys getting fucked by big business and bad luck and booze and drugs.

Movie itself is well made, on low budget I would image and made with lots of love (I would imagine again). Maybe not enough talking heads, but then again this may even help it because in case of TAD talking is not necessarily because music is so fucking good. So instead of seeing usual suspects (Biafra, Rollins, Thurston etc) we get to see lots of live footage although sometimes barely watchable. But fuck it, those were times before ultra HD home video cameras shit.

Cool stuff, good story told in honest way about the band who didn't have a chance to cash it on grunge euphoria and "sounded like a nerdy, hipsters west coast version of Sonic Youth. Until you saw them live!"

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment