Monday, April 9, 2012

La science des rêves aka The Science of Sleep (Michel Gondry, 2006)


Downloaded this few years ago because it had »my« Charlotte Gainsbourg (+Miou-Miou as added bonus!) and it has stucked with me every since as one my guilty pleasures. It's not really romantic comedy although there's lots of romance and as sure as hell I find it hilarious funny. It's probably something young Terry Gilliam would made if he wouldn't met his Python lunatics – basically simple boy-meets-girl tale told in totally unique and personal stunning and hypnotic vision where dreams and reality mix and sometimes complement (and also fuck up) each other. Plus performances (of entire cast!), music, dialogues, animations, narrative,…. Just cannot find a single flaw in this one and I still watch it at least once a year. 

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment